Recipe: Carrot & Sweet Potato Fries with Lemon Dill Yogurt Dipping Sauce
Sweet potato fries are a weekend favorite for us. It’s just so easy to throw them in the oven, go back to watching something on Netflix and have a tasty, healthy treat ready just 45 minutes later. You can obviously season them however you want and cook them to your desired level of crispiness. What’s not to like?
This Saturday night we decided to add carrots to the mix. I think you can pick out the carrots in the photos here—they’re more orange, obviously—but after baking, they honestly tasted super similar to the sweet potatoes. This is an easy way to add an extra dose of veggies without sacrificing on flavor!
We decided to serve the fries with a super simple three-ingredient Lemon Dill Yogurt Dipping Sauce (and I think you can guess what the ingredients are). This tangy, creamy sauce pairs perfectly with the slightly spicy fries and is tasty on a variety of dishes like sandwiches and falafel, too.
Small container non-fat Greek yogurt
Two sweets potatoes, washed and cut into strips
4-5 large carrots, peeled and cuts into strips
Salt & pepper
1) I’d suggest making the dipping sauce earlier in the day to allow the flavors to really mesh together. You want to allow it to sit in the fridge for at least an hour. Combine the yogurt with lemon juice (a little more than half if it’s a large lemon, or all of it if it’s a small lemon) and fresh dill. You’ll need to pick off the dill leaves from the stems; I used the whole container from the photo above. Stir to combine, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
2) When you’re ready to get started on the fries, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3) After you’ve cut the sweet potatoes and carrots, toss them in olive oil with salt, pepper, cayenne, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder. There’s no precise measuring here; just whatever floats your boat.
4) Cook for about 45 minutes, tossing the fries every 15 minutes or so. Again, the time may be more or less depending on how crispy you want the fries.
5) Serve with the Lemon Dill Yogurt Dipping Sauce and enjoy!