Recipe: Thai Curry Naan Pizza
All-time favorite recipe alert! Have you ever used naan to make pizza? It’s such a great option when you want to satisfy your cravings but don’t want to stuff yourself. I’ve used English muffins, tortillas and bagel thins to make lower-calorie pizzas before, and the ones with naan are my favorite dinner option (but if I’m looking for a snack then I’ll go with English muffins).
Shop around, but my favorite naan is the frozen Garlic Naan from Trader Joe’s. It’s only 230 calories per piece, which is about half the amount of calories I’ve seem in similar options (packs 7 grams of protein, too). It also tastes amazing and gets super crunchy! For reference, I will typically eat two naan breads per meal.
Even if you’re not super into Thai food (I personally love it), I think you’ll like this recipe. While you can buy Thai red curry sauce at basically any grocery store, I highly recommend going with Trader Joe’s brand. It’s much creamier than others I’ve tried, the flavors aren’t super overwhelming, and you can easily adjust the curry-to-tomato-sauce ratio to fit your tastes. Or hey, ignore everything here and make up your own damn naan pizza! You do you.
Back to why I love this particular one, though: tons of flavor, lots of veggies, takes about 10-15 minutes (or less) from start to finish. Great dinner option available in a snap!
Trader Joe’s Frozen Garlic Naan
Trader Joe’s Thai Red Curry Sauce
1 small can tomato sauce
Red bell pepper, sliced
Green onions, diced
Green peas, cooked
Low-fat mozzarella cheese
1) Cook the naan at 400 degrees for three minutes (the package will say 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, but trust me).
2) Pour about half the bottle of Thai red curry sauce into a bowl and add 2-3 heaping spoonfuls of tomato sauce. Stir to combine, and adjust ratio as needed.
3) When the naan is finished cooking, spoon on the sauce and sprinkle on a bit of cheese. Add the carrots, sliced bell peppers, peas and green onions (I tend to pile it on). Top with more cheese.
4) Add back to the oven and cook for four minutes.
4) Add to the broiler and cook until cheese becomes golden brown. Allow to cool a few minutes, then top with cilantro and serve.